Life is not always filled with rainbows and butterflies. Sometimes, we are down and sad. I have noticed when I am with my friends almost no one can tell what is going on inside of me although I always thought when I am not feeling like it everyone can tell. Probably because at that moment I am enjoying their company. When it comes to sadness or any other feeling we need to acknowledge it.
So what do I do when I feel sad:
A- First is it close to my cycle, if It is, then I know its fine and it’s the best time to watch my feelings. Best time to practice presence, because everything is on the surface.
B- If not, Do I know what is causing it?
If yes, Can I change it? If not what do I do?
- Probably it is based on a decision I made, even though it gets very hard I need to stay with it! In this case probably time is my best friend. Time will heal the wounds.
- Usually I have one super down day, where I don’t feel like moving. I usually respect that that. I call it grieving stage. By all my heart I think it’s my bodies natural way of coping.
- Then I put on a music that can make me dance, sometimes it doesn’t feel like it but I try to push myself.
- Since in these days I feel like being alone, walking in nature is amazing, and after sometime I try to run at least for 2-3 minutes. It soothes my body.
- Meditating helps. I have a special place which overlooks this beautiful tree, and I always close my eyes with my last gaze looking at that tree. Nature is the best medicine.
- Loving myself, I Imagine myself running on the beach, with a long dress and wind blowing filling me with love and peace. I make myself coffee and list three things I am grateful for.
- Gardening helps too, as simple as tending a flower pot, getting your hands dirty. 🙂
- This sentence needs to be written in gold ” This shall pass too”. However I feel, I don’t take it seriously because I know it will pass. But, I do acknowledge it.
- downsides: I can consume myself with my cell phone for hours. The worst part about this is that with cellphones, it takes me away from what is! You kind of ignore yourself and your feeling, going from one app to another, one news to the next. I totally am used to doing this!
Never assume if you are strong, you are not suppose to feel sad. It is just a feeling, just like happiness. The more we talk about it, the easier it will be to express feelings.
This writing is just based on my own experience, I am sure each person has their own unique way of calming themselves down.
I wish you a weekend filled with kindness, laughter and love,